Heads up readers: In an effort to consolidated my blogs that are sprawled far and wide across the no man’s land that is the internet, I will be moving over posts from a previous blog itsashleyperez.tumblr.com
This particular post was originally written June 14, 2011.
Lately, I have been faced with a lot of choices. And not the small kind like:
- “Do I want to watch How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days or Superbad ?”
- “Should I eat this donut or go for a run?”
- “Is it wrong to facebook stalk people?”
At this most glorious stage of my life I’ve been forced to come to terms with the big questions like:
- “What does it mean to be a good person?”
- “Should I live in New York or California?”
- “What am I most looking for in a husband?” (this one’s not so urgent as of yet)
These questions aren’t just hard, they’re paralyzing. I feel like I’m navigating a field of land mines… one wrong move and game over. My mind is constantly reeling wondering if I’m smart/old enough to be making these kind of life-altering decisions.
For example. If I move to New York, then most likely I will meet someone in New York and after a few years we’ll want to get married, BUT I’m not sure if I want to raise my kids on the East coast, especially because of the weather, but if I live in California and get a job here then my kids will never see the changing of the seasons and live their lives DEPRIVED OF FALL LEAVES (just like me) and they might resent me for the rest of their lives. I CAN’T JUST DEPRIVE MY CHILDREN OF THE JOYS OF NATURE!!!!